Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Writer's Block

You know how I haven't blogged in two weeks? Writer's block. Writer's block is a strange thing. Some days, you can write about anything. ANYTHING. You could write about your brother's old holey hobo socks. You could write about your creepy neighbor (Ohhhh, I should write about him). You could write about the silverware in it's silverware drawer.

But if there's writer's block, you can't write about anything, even if hilarious things happen to you. Like you had a hilarious day at the zoo with your fiance. Or if, in your ballet class, all the ballerinas made a train and ran around the room in a "perky" fashion. Or if you and your fiance started talking about scientific theories and various sorts of dinosaurs for half an hour, instead of kissing like you're supposed to on Monday nights.

So then you just sit and stare at your keyboard, hoping it will give you words. But then you just start playing Word Find on your keyboard, and start laughing because, while you can find very few real words, "Derf" is really funny looking, and the word is organized in a neat little cube on your keyboard. Then you think that maybe derf is a possibly offensive word and you just haven't heard it yet, so you look it up on UrbanDictionary. They can find a sexual reference in ANYTHING, so if there is one, you will know. Turns out, there were some, but surprisingly few for UrbanDictionary. It has a ridiculously large amount of totally unrelated meanings. It can mean a stupid person, or an awesome person. A person of unusual agility and skill. A word to use in place of the F-word. Fred spelled backwards. A person of extremely high and incomprehensible intelligence.

Then I looked it up in a real dictionary: Derf\, a. [Icel. djafr.] Strong; powerful; fierce. 
So there you go.You learned something new. Maybe. You may have known it already. In which case, sorry you had to hear about it again.

VOILA. Writer's block gone. :D If I had known it would be this easy, I'd have come on and typed whatever popped into my head a week ago. And yes, I realize there is very little connective thread in this post. But I don't care. My brain certainly doesn't have any, so why should anything I type need one? I get along okay without them. Wait...the female brain is supposed to be all connected and running together, like spaghetti. I know I don't have the male waffle brain, full of little individual syrup-traps of thought. Mah brains iz like a box of chocolates. Ya never know whatcha gonna get...Yes, sometimes there is a little piece of paper telling you what all the chocolates are so you don't get a nasty surprise. But I tend to lose things. Especially little bits of paper. And sometimes important discs and the occasional school book.


Now I have a new topic for a blog post. I can blog about my neighbors. Some of them are hilarious, and some of them are downright creepy. 

Peace outtttt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nobody ever comments.
But you...you could be one of the few. The brave, daring few who have left a comment.
So go ahead.
I DARE YOU.